Tuesday, July 19, 2011

British Columbia!




My dear cousin Robin (Taylor) and her husband Ray are less than 15 miles from the Canadian-US border. What a joy to be with them and their children and grand-children. Today their daughter-in-law Alyssa kindly allowed me to tag along with her and a friend to hike on one of the numerous trails in the mountains surrounding the Vancouver area.







 

Any weight I may have lost on the bike trip has been regained during these few R & R days. I'm thinking that if I am to make my original goal of arriving on the Pacific Coast I should leave before I become too heavy for my bike seat. But, dang! it's pretty nice to be hanging around in their house, sleeping in a bed from my grandparent's house, having early-morning discussions about what it means to be part of a faith community, and, in the evenings, "remembering with twinklings and twinges" the days of our youth, reflecting on how we have been shaped and view those being shaped around us, amd exchanging anecdotes about our children that might be translated as prayers of thanks, intercession and blessings. So, who knows, maybe I'll stay here until I can see the snow spread from the peaks around us down the mountainsides to the city streets.  Maybe... but I feel myself being pulled by the Ocean, or as Kayitesi called it long ago, the Motion.

Typical Canadian-Americans enjoying authentic Canadian-American meal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment